Jerramungup's Biggest Morning Tea
THANK YOU JERRAMUNGUP & ALL THAT HELPED MAKE THE 2021 BMT SO SUCCESSFUL!!!
The Jerramungup Community Resource Centre held its annual Cancer Council Biggest Morning Tea on Thursday 27th May 2021. This was the 11th time that the CRC has held this event (no event was held in 2020 due to Covid). The Biggest Morning Tea itself was from 10.00am to 12noon.
The event was held in the Root Pickers Hall owned by the Shire of Jerramungup with the hire fee being waived as a contribution on their part as well as event permit fee.
As part of the event, thirteen stall holders participated – each contributed a $25 stall holder fee that was donated directly to the BMT fundraising. Stall holders were permitted to open their stalls from 10.00am until 2.00pm on the day. Committee, staff, and members of the of the Community provided the contributions of morning tea food items on the day.
The Jerramungup CRC approached business both local, surrounding areas and metropolitan to contribute via donation/sponsorship of prizes for raffles to be conducted prior and during our event timeframe 1st May to 31st May, which we were overwhelmed with the response. We set ourselves a target goal of $5000.
We also took the opportunity of approaching one of the Corporate Agribusiness within our Community “Viridis Ag – Tantanoola & Amarinya” to discuss the possibility of would they consider purchasing an item – Paspaley Kimberley Light Bracelet, with 20% of the proceeds from the purchase itself being donated to Garvan Institute of Medical Research - for a major prize rather than making a cash donation.
Viridis Ag generously accepted the concept and I believe they chose Cancer Research as their chosen Garvan Institute recipient.
Through their generous donation and that of all our other sponsors, stall holders, those that either donated to the Jerramungup Cancer Council BMT page or on the day, entry to our BMT which was $5 entry or purchased raffle tickets, $200 received from the Jerramungup Lions Club, $150 (50%) from sale of painting by artist Lesley Winter – for the entire month of May, our final total raised far exceeded our target goal with an amazing $9523.75.
We hold this event not only for those affected within our community but for those that have family members and friends throughout Australia who are impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
The Jerramungup Community Resource Centre would like to thank our major sponsor Viridis ag Tantanoola and Amarinya, as well as everyone else who kindly sponsored or donated.
Upcoming Events 2021
- Thu, 24 JunJerramungup24 Jun, 9:00 am – 01 Jul, 2:00 pmJerramungup, 8/10 Tobruk Rd, Jerramungup WA 6337, AustraliaJerramungup Community Resource Centre is seeking expressions of interest for the tow day Excel II short course on Thursday 24th June and 1st July 2021. Both days will be 9.00am-2.00pm, min 7 students. Cost : $102.60 or $34.40 with concession
- Tue, 29 JunJerramungup
- Wed, 11 AugJerramungup
- Thu, 14 OctJerramungup14 Oct, 9:00 am – 2:30 pm AWSTJerramungup, 8/10 Tobruk Rd, Jerramungup WA 6337, AustraliaJerramungup Community Resource Centre is seeking expressions of interest for the tow day Excel II short course on Thursday 14th October and 21st October 2021. Both days will be 9.00am-2.30pm, min 7 students. Cost : $127.00 or $41.75 with concession
- Third Wednesday of Each MonthJerramungup Community Resource CentreThird Wednesday of Each MonthJerramungup Community Resource Centre, 8/10 Tobruk Rd, Jerramungup WA 6337, AustraliaThe Jerramungup CRC BookClub meets the 3rd Thursday of each month – 6pm @ the Jerramungup Hotel for tea and a chat about the previous month’s selection. Interested in joining? Contact the CRC for more details. New members always welcome.
- Fourth Thursday of the MonthJerramungup Community Resource Centre
- Second Thursday of the monthJerramungup Community Resource Centre
- First Tuesday of Every MonthJerramungup Community Resource CentreFirst Tuesday of Every MonthJerramungup Community Resource Centre, 8/10 Tobruk Rd, Jerramungup WA 6337, AustraliaStory Time has lots of great stories for everyone to listen to. Each session is usually less than 30 minutes long with a story and an activity to go along with the story. Story Time is on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Tue, 15 JunJerramungup